Friday, February 27, 2015

Starting Over

As you can tell from my blog, it isn't updated very often. I hope to be able to correct that issue. The problem is that I get all these grand ideas of what to blog about, only to freeze up the moment I open the page. Rather like what's happening right this moment. Yes, all my rambling now is a result of freezing up. It's somewhat like the path we walk in life. Think about that for a second. You're going along just fine when something happens. For the sake of my example, let's say you have a wonderful idea to try something new, something potentially exciting. However, the minute you head that direction...you freeze, physically and emotionally. My experience is that being frozen soon leads to panic. Then that wonderful idea is shoved away to the deepest, darkest recesses of your dreams.

Why does this happen? Well, it could be you haven't had the experiences in life necessary to carry out your wonderful idea. Or maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. Or...and this is a sticky one...maybe you have a deep-seated fear of failure or success that's holding you back. Maybe YOU are holding you back.

We all have those sticking points in life. Those places where we want to move forward or we feel we should move forward, yet we remain frozen in place. What do you do?

Research and inform yourself. If there's something that interests you, learn more about that thing. The Internet is a good source of preliminary information. See what's involved first, then go from there. This is especially important to do if your wonderful idea keeps nagging at you. Again from my own experience, if you keep coming back to that wonderful idea, you must research, inform and then take steps to pursue. That's how I earned my Doctorate in Spiritual Healing. It kept nagging at me. I researched, took a chance, and there you go. More telling is the experience of my friend author Barbara Clark, who at age 78 decided to take up karate. Two years later, she's halfway to her black belt, she no longer needs a cane, her coordination has improved immensely...and she's the happiest I've ever seen her.

The bottom line is this... Life's too short to not try something you've always wanted to do. Think about it. What's the worst that can happen if you try? That you discover it really wasn't for you, after all. What's the worst that can happen if you DON'T try? That you'll spend the rest of your years wishing you had.

Life is to be lived and experienced. Go for it.

Caitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment