Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dealing With Doubt

Doubt is like this demon inside us looking for an excuse to break free and take us down. It undermines our goals and destroys our self-confidence. I'm sure you've heard it whisper things like: "Who do you think you are?" "You've got no business trying something so foolish." "You'll never make it."

I'm not an expert of dealing with doubt, but there are some things I try to do for myself to quiet that voice.

- Don't measure yourself by someone else's success. That's their life path. This is yours.
- Shields up. Guards in place. This is especially important when you are in a crowd of people.
- Ignore the chatter and rumors around you.
- Don't allow yourself to be swept away by the negative emotions of others.

I found this article today that is definitely worth reading. Perhaps you will as well.

Doubt Destroyed My Confidence: 5 Steps I Took To Fight Back

:) Caitlyn
www.caitlynwillows.com


No comments:

Post a Comment