Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Words To Lift You Up When You're Feeling Really Down


We all have our ups and downs. It's part of living life. I've collected many nuggets of inspiration over the years to help me through the downs. Maybe they'll help you through a rough patch as well. 


Do not mistake temptation for opportunity

~~~

If you know the question, you already have the answer deep in your own subconscious.

~~~

Never be defeated by the discouraging vicissitudes of the game.

~~~

Non illegitimi te corborundum. (Don’t let the bastards wear you down.)

~~~

The Universe never closes one door without opening another.

~~~

You cannot live your life in the present moment if you are holding on to times gone by.

~~~

Death comes to us all. We choose how soon we start to wait for it.

~~~

It’s funny how things change slowly, until the day we realize they’ve changed completely.

~~~

We all come together for a reason and when the purpose has been accomplished, each moves on in his own way to fulfill a still greater purpose.

~~~

Heartily know, when half-gods go, the gods arrive.
                                    ~ Emerson
 ~~~

Be bold and the mighty forces will come to your aid.

~~~

Grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
~~~

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. ~Buddha

~~~

Once we start weaving, the gods will furnish the skein.

~~~

If you wait for happiness, you’re missing the point.

~~~

Life isn’t fair.

~~~

It’s a reactive thing, like a Geiger counter, you click whenever you come close to whatever you were built to do. ~Stephen King


~~~

Don’t dream, do it.

~~~

The other side of risk is regret.

~~~

If it no longer grows corn for you, get rid of it.

~~~

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. ~Emerson

~~~

Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.

~~~

Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.

~~~

When we set our intention for what we desire, we achieve it usually only after we have released our need for it.

~~~

For every birth, there are ten thousand souls who were vying for that opportunity.

~~~

Leap and the net will appear.


~~~

Progress always involves risk; you can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first. ~Frederick Wilcox

~~~

You are never given a wish without the power to carry it through.

~~~

Some people come into our lives and quietly go. Others stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts and we are never the same.

~~~

Anything is possible.


~~~

I can’t do anything about the thoughts that come into my head, but I can do something about the ones that stay there.

~~~

Harmony exists in everything, if you notice it.

~~~

When you have nothing else, you always have choice.

~~~

Trust endings and beginnings; it’s your soul changing direction.


~~~

You never give yourself more than you can handle.

~~~

Every piece of the universe, even the tiniest little snow crystal, matters somehow. I have a place in the pattern, and so do you. ~T. A. Barron

~~~

Many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little. ~Plutarch

~~~

The greater your goals, the greater the challenges you will face in achieving them.

~~~

Remember where you’re standing when the spotlight goes off. You’ll have to find your own way off the stage. ~James Lovell, Astronaut

~~~

Think too deeply about what you’re doing and the enormity of the thing can stop you from getting it done.

~~~

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

~~~

If people can’t understand what you’re saying, try using a new language.
~~~

To increase synchronicity in your life…
To energize yourself…
To get through really tough times…

Every morning say:
Today I want to meet good people. People compatible with my path with whom I can exchange information or messages about where to go next.

At bedtime say:
I send my good energy to all the people I have met, who are thinking of me, who have crossed my path in any way.


~~~
Invictus
By William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
~~~

To center and calm yourself say this:

Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings.

Just for today I will not worry.

Just for today I will not be angry.

Just for today I will do my work honestly.

Just for today I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.

~~~

Not everyone’s dreams come true in the same way.


 ~~~

Sometimes there’s just no way to hold back the river. All you can do is swim with it.

~~~

When you ask for something, the Universe works to see you receive it. Be careful of what you wish for.

~~~

There’s no need to fear the unknown if you are able to achieve what you need and want. The tools you need are within.

~~~

Can’t or won’t go back? Then focus on the best way to move forward.

~~~

“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

~~~

“I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.” ~ Lucille Ball

~~~

Your wings already exist. All you have to do is fly.

~~~

What you focus on is the energy you are already summoning. Focus wisely.

~~~

Don’t just do your best, BECOME your best.

Be it, feel it, live it.
~~~

Once you make a decision, the Universe conspires to make it happen. ~ Emerson

~~~

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. ~ Buddha

~~~

If you take from life, it will take from you. If you give to life, it will give to you.
~~~

The only control you have is how you respond. Let go of the rest.

~~~

Often the journey is more rewarding than the destination itself.

~~~

What you believe directly effects how you perceive. Believe yourself.

~~~

You have the incredible potential within you to create change no matter how unlikely it may appear. 

~~~

The key to prosperity is approaching each day with an attitude of offering rather than one of receiving.
~~~

You have the power to create what you want. It’s your thoughts about what you can and can’t do that stand in your way. Adjust your thoughts.

~~~

Be true to yourself.

~~~

If you don’t like something about your life, change it.
~~~

Success depends on your perspective.  

~~~

The attitude you bring to the day is returned to you.

~~~

- If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it.

- If you don’t ask, the answer will always be no.

- If you don’t step forward, you’ll always be in the same place.

~~~

Make a flexible plan, visualize your success and keep your eye on the prize.


~~~
 It takes much more energy to pretend to be what we are not than it does to just let the light of our true self beam out into the world. ~ Laurelle Shanti Gaia

~~~

Dare to be known for who you are. ~ Laurelle Shanti Gaia





No comments:

Post a Comment