Friday, December 11, 2015

From Caitlyn's Kitchen - Martha Washington Candy


This was a holiday tradition for me growing up. Two of my aunts would make batches and batches of this delicious candy, and it would be spread out wherever there was a flat surface while it set. It was one of my favorites. Now I'm making it a holiday tradition for my family. 


MARTHA WASHINGTON CANDY

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 pounds powdered sugar
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients, mix well, and drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Let set for 24 hours.

Chocolate Coating:
1 box semi-sweet chocolate
1 box unsweetened chocolate
1/2 bar paraffin (wax)

Melt chocolate and wax together in a small pan over low to medium heat,
then dip candies and let sit another 24 hours to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment