Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Placing A Value On Your Time


Time equals money. You've heard that before. Dig deeper into those words. It's not entirely about money. It's about placing a value on your time. 

Decide what your hourly worth is. I know this is difficult for a lot of people. Don't cheat yourself. 

Years ago I assigned my worth as $60 an hour. It was originally $55, but I gave myself a raise. Last summer my husband gave me a raise of $75 an hour. I'm still on the fence about that one. I suppose it depends on what I'm doing. 

So you've assigned to yourself what your time is worth an hour. For the sake of the discussion, let's say it is $60 an hour. Now everything you do or are asked to do must be evaluated carefully. Is it worth your time? You must be able to get $60 an hour. Not just $60 in cash, but $60 worth of emotional or spiritual pleasure doing things that fill your heart and soul. 

Here are some examples:

Is it worth $60 an hour for you to clean the house, or should you pay someone else to do it?

- Is it worth $60 an hour of your time to bake cookies for the school's bake sale, or should you buy them, or refuse outright?

- Is it worth $60 an hour of your time to volunteer for the local whatever, or does doing so drive you insane? 

Your hourly worth should fulfill a financial, emotional, or spiritual need. Placing a value on your time is empowering. In doing this you are respecting yourself. Your soul will thank you. So will your stress level. 

Caitlyn 
www.caitlynwillows.com






No comments:

Post a Comment